ATLANTA — Atlanta police arrested a 59-year-old man in connection with eight different robberies in the metropolitan area on December 5, 2022.
The video showed Atlanta police officers arresting Leslie Cook. Leslie Cook has been identified as a likely culprit in eight Atlanta subway robberies in the past few months.
Police say they are aware of a series of overnight robberies in areas patrolled by officers and have seen surveillance footage of the suspects in several incidents.
Officers recognized Cook from surveillance footage of an earlier robbery and tried to approach him, but Cook fled and was quickly arrested.
[DOWNLOAD: Free WSB-TV News app for alerts as news breaks]
Cook was charged with eight counts of robbery and was imprisoned in the Fulton County Jail.
Cook has been arrested 32 times, including robbery, obstruction, theft, parole, probation violations, and more than 30 previous burglary charges.
Cook has been charged with robbery at the following address:
• November 4, 2022 – 77 12th St.
• November 16, 2022 – 1080 Peachtree St.
• November 17, 2022 – 1075 Peachtree St.
• November 27, 2022 – 77 12th St.
• November 28, 2022 – 1075 Peachtree St.
• December 3, 2022 – 77 12th St.
• December 5, 2022 – 1075 Peachtree St.
• December 5, 2022 – 1045 Peachtree St.
[SIGN UP: WSB-TV Daily Headlines Newsletter]
In other news:
©2022 Cox Media Group