Middletown, Pennsylvania – After Nate Curry’s career night, the Pennsylvania Harrisburg men’s basketball team won a 79-63 victory over United East against conference foe Wells at the Capital Union Building on Friday night, Jan. 20. won a great victory.
Curry flirted with a triple-double and finished with a career-high 29 points along with 11 rebounds and six assists. Isaiah Eggleston also scored his 13 points and he recorded a double-double on 11 boards, and Zegary Scott III scored his 11 points and he recorded 7 assists.
After a back and forth early game, the Lions (7-8, 4-2 United East) put together a 15-0 run midway through the first half to take a 24-12 lead at 8:13. Malik Holland and Curry’s back-to-back three balls followed by Alex’s layup on his Leiva extended the advantage to his 34-17 at 4:06, with Chris Haynes beating the buzzer on a putback to 39-24 at half. I entered the time. .
The Express (9-7, 4-3 United East) fought back early in the second half, using a spurt to pull within six at 48-42, but before Kyle Roden’s chip-in pushed the lead back. Curry answered with a jumper. 10 at the 12:23 mark. Scott scored the next five points to extend his advantage to 15, with the visitors fighting back within 10 multiple times in the final minutes, but Penn State Harrisburg kept them at bay and scored another in the final seconds. A Dutch triple capped off the win.
– The Lions shot 42.6% from the field and the Wells shot 38.8%.
– Pennsylvania State Harrisburg connected with eight 3-pointers. Express he hit seven triples.
– The home team won the rebounding game 41-32.
– The Lions assisted on 21 of 29 field goals.
– Pennsylvania State Harrisburg scored 18 points in 20 turnovers for Wells.
– Curry scored a team-high 29 points and added 11 boards, 6 assists and 2 steals.
– Eggleston had 13 points, 11 rebounds and 2 blocks.
– Scott scored 11 points and had a game-high seven assists.
– The Netherlands knocked down a 3-ball trio to finish with 9 points.
– Chase Robinson added 9 points and 3 stolen bases off the bench.
– Leiva grabbed seven rebounds in the backup role.
The Lions will hold conference action Saturday afternoon against United East foe Morrisville.
Fans can use the steering wheel to follow the Pennsylvania Harrisburg Athletics throughout the season on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. @pshbgathletics.