The North Carolina Ferry Division runs a series of four career events to find qualified applicants for ferry, terminal and shipyard staff.
“There has never been a better time to start a career in the ferry sector.” We want to show potential applicants that there are opportunities for
Career events will be held at the following times and locations:
- February 2: 10am-3pm, Brunswick County Career Center, 5300-7 Main St., Shallotte.
- February 16: 10am and 1pm Shipyard Tour and Career Event, 8550 Shipyard Road, Manns Harbour. The event is dedicated to shipyard employment and participants are only required to register.
- February 20: 10am-3pm, Works Career Center, NC, 3813 Arendelle Street, Morehead City.
- February 28: 10am-3pm, Hatteras Community Center, 57689 Hwy 12, Hatteras.
We accept applications for temporary and full-time positions of all experience levels, from civil servants to experienced captains.
Benefits of hiring in the ferry sector include:
- competitive salary
- Year-round full-time full-time employee
- Health insurance
- Hiring bonus
- Severance pay
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave
Anyone interested in attending one of our career events should bring a resume and relevant documentation. If you are interested in attending an event at Manns Her Harbor’s Ferry Shipyard, please contact Lori Sanderlin, Her Director of the Department’s Human Resources Programs, to register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of jobs in the ferry sector, log on to your state’s job website and search for the term “ferry.”
Call 252-463-7027 for more information.