All good things have an end. The Rangers’ seven-game winning streak ended Tuesday night in Pittsburgh.
In a new episode of the “Up In The Blue Seats” podcast, Molly Walker and I chatted with Islanders Beat writer Ethan Sears about tonight’s final match between the Isles and the Rangers.Rangers Legends on MSG Network Play-by-play announcer Sam Rosen interviewed Andrew Harts and me about his broadcasting career, current Rangers, game preparations, and more.
Up In The Blue Seats Podcast with Jake Brown, Mollie Walker:
- Rangers 7-game winning streak ends: Pittsburgh went wild, with fans chanting “I-GOR” all night long. The Rangers were undisciplined and doomed to penalties. A winning streak was sorely needed to steer them in the right direction. Having finally racked up some victories, they can now breathe a sigh of relief.
- Ethan Sears Rangers Islanders: New York Post Islanders Beat writer Ethan Sears will stop by MSG on Thursday night to preview this season’s Rangers vs. Islanders finale. Who’s playing and who’s out on Thursday? How have injuries devastated the Islanders? Can Ilya Sorokin beat Vezina? MSG Hood vs. UBS Arena Hood…who will win?
Sam Rosen Interview:
Ranger Play-by-play Announcer for the MSG Network
- Broadcast carrier: Calling a Rangers game has been a dream for 39 years. MSG is special. Saw a concert there in the 80’s.
- Current Rangers: What does this team need to improve? It would be helpful if you could add your score. What makes Igor Shesterkin so special? How is he similar to previous great Rangers goalkeepers?
- Cup Chance: The team will probably move before the trade deadline. With the right moves, they probably have the star power and leadership to put into action.