BALLSTON SPA, NY (NEWS10) — The Saratoga County Career Center, in partnership with the Greater Metropolitan Area Career Center, will host a free virtual career workshop in January 2023. Available workshops are:
- Development resumes at 10am on January 4th
- This workshop will introduce you to the basics of writing a strong and effective cover letter. This includes formatting, tailoring for the job, and how to navigate the online application process to proceed to interviews. Please prepare a draft of your resume. Facilitated by Rensselaer & Columbia-Greene.
- Transferable skills at 11:00 am on January 5th.
- A transferable skill is an already acquired quality that can be used in another job. Make employers aware of the relationship between your qualities and the skill sets needed to get the job done, and learn how to market yourself as a solution to their problems. Warren and Albany are facilitators.
- January 10th at 10:30am, ready for interview.
- Learn how to articulate your strengths, what questions to expect, how to handle difficult topics, and how to successfully navigate the interview process. Facilitated by Schenectady.
- January 11th at 10 am, goal setting.
- This workshop will explore how goal setting works, why goals are important, and provide helpful resources to help you achieve your dreams. Promoted by Washington and Albany.
- At 11:00 am on January 19th, the job application was completed.
- According to statistics, about 50% of medium-sized companies and nearly all large companies use candidate tracking systems to screen candidates for jobs. Learn how to prepare your online application for maximum visibility from recruiters. Warren and Washington are facilitators.
- At 10 am on January 24th, the barrier is overcome.
- Join informal discussions on how to overcome potential obstacles to finding a job. Whether you are facing transportation needs, childcare needs, previous involvement in the justice system, inexperience, health concerns, etc., this workshop will provide the resources and strategies to help you reach your goals Facilitated by Saratoga and Fulton-Montgomery-Schoharie.
- January 26, 1:30 p.m., social media.
- Your social media presence can affect your ability to find a job. Learn how to use social media to your advantage in finding jobs and marketing yourself to get the job or career you’ve always wanted. Facilitated by Schenectady.
Registration is required for all workshops. For more information, visit https://thejoblink.org/calendar/ to register or call the Saratoga County Career Center at (518) 884-4170.