Mark Selby continued his blistering run of scoring form ahead of the Masters in Tuesday’s Championship League to wrap up his 750th career century.
After a 3-2 loss to Matthew Selt in the Group 3 opener, the world No. 2 beat Jordan Brown 3-1 to take the lead after defeating Walden, who scored 112 goals in the third frame. rice field.
See all 147 for 2022 featuring Trump, Williams, Robertson, Selby and Who
Selt made breaks of 80, 91 and 127 to catch Selby on the edge from a 2-1 behind.
Selby trailed Stephen Hendry to become the 5th heaviest maker of the century of all time. He’s just 26 steps away from his seven-time world champion, who has been sixth since turning pro in 1999.
Championship League Group 3 concludes Wednesday night, with the top four of the seven-man section competing in the semi-finals and final.
Stuart Bingham and Jack Lisowski already qualified for the Championship League winners’ group in early March.
The overall winner of the Championship League will qualify for next year’s Champion of Champions.
Snooker century list
- 1. Ronnie O’Sullivan (Eng) 1,190
- 2. John Higgins (SCO) 910
- 3. Judd Trump (Eng) 878
- 4. Neil Robertson (AUS) 876
- 5. Stephen Hendry (Sco) 776
- 6. Mark Selby (Eng) 750
Latest Championship League Group 3 Results
- Mark Selby 2-3 Matthew Selt
- Ricky Walden 3-1 Jamie Jones
- Mark Selby 3-1 Jordan Brown
- Kylen Wilson 3-1 Robert Milkins
- Ricky Walden 3-1 Matthew Selt
- Jordan Brown 1-3 Robert Milkins
- Mark Selby 3-1 Ricky Walden
- Killen Wilson 3-1 Jamie Jones
– – –
O’Sullivan and Selby are on course for a World Grand Prix clash in the new year
December 19, 2022 11:55
A tearful Selby praises English Open success as ‘biggest achievement’
Dec 18, 2022 23:14