Katie Skaya He scored in two consecutive games to give Minnesota (16-3-2) the lead with just five minutes to go. Grace Zamwinkle Added to the Gophers’ tally for her 99th career goal. The Gophers capped the first period with a goal on her play and first goal of the season for power Madeline WestingtonThis is Minnesota’s seventh consecutive power play goal.
The Gophers and Wildcats exchanged goals and Ella Hoover Finding the back of the net for Minnesota, New Hampshire’s Emily Pinto scored (7-16-0). Abbie Murphy Scoring his 12th goal of the year and first of the game, he gave the Gophers a 5–1 lead and advanced to the third period.
A power pay chance early in the third set added another goal, giving Haise 19 points in the final six games. Murphy extended the lead for the Gophers and added a second of the game before Zumwinkle scored his 100th career goal with just over two minutes remaining to make the final score 8-1.
Makeira Pearl He scored a goal to help Minnesota make 15 saves for their third win of the season. Ava Boutlier started in goal for the Wildcats, losing 32 shots.
‘Great weekend at East-West Showcase,’ said head coach Brad Frost“Today we have more fun milestones. Grace Zamwinkle Becoming the sixth Gopher to score 100 goals was incredible. It was cool to see her score her 100th on a one-timer the same way she scored her first as her Gopher. She is so proud of her and our entire team. ”
• Grace Zamwinkle He became the sixth Gopher in the program’s history to reach 100 career goals.
• Zumwinkle’s six points and four assists are both career highs.
• Emily Zamwinkle He set a career high with three assists, including his second on Grace’s 100th goal.
• This is Minnesota’s seventh consecutive power play goal. So far this season, the Gophers have converted on his 29% of power play opportunities.
• The Gophers have outscored their opponents 42-4 in their last six games.
The Gophers will return to Ridder Arena next weekend to face St. Thomas for the first time this season on January 13-14.